University of Cincinnati
Department of Clinical and Health Information Sciences
Assistant Professor- Educator
Position Responsibilities: The Assistant Professor is primarily responsible for teaching in both the on campus and one Medical Laboratory Science tracks in assigned courses. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: primary instruction of didactic, laboratory and clinical courses using face-to-face and online delivery modalities; participation in recruitment, retention, and admissions activities; participation in program committee work including program evaluation, accreditation tasks, and other program tasks. Participation in scholarship and service to the department and college are also required.
- Master’s degree, doctorate preferred, in Medical Laboratory Science, or a related science field
- National certification in Medical Laboratory Science
- Three years work experience in a clinical laboratory
- Three years teaching experience in medical laboratory science at the college level
- Strong organizational skills; strong interpersonal skills, including communication, problem solving, counseling, conflict management, and follow-through
- Current knowledge and skill in the use of computer technology and educational learning systems
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to take direction and coordinate work with colleagues and peers
- Preference will be given to those with a doctoral degree in Medical Laboratory Science or a related discipline.
- Prior administrative and accreditation experience in a medical laboratory science program
- Prior online teaching experience in a medical laboratory sciences academic program
- Active in clinical practice, especially as applicable to clinical education
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES
OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.