West Texas A&M University’s Sports and Exercise Sciences Department is seeking applicants for Assistant Professor in Exercise Science. This is a tenure track faculty position with primary departmental emphasis on teaching experience that supports the instructional emphases from the various programs that include applied sport, physical education instruction, coaching, athletic training, exercise science, sport and exercise psychology, and sport management.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses based on departmental needs.
- Provide academic and research advisement to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Conduct research in the area of exercise science/area of expertise.
- Seek grants and contracts to support research and related programs.
- Serve on committees and participate in official activities at the department, college and university levels.
- Doctorate in Sports and Exercise Sciences or related field required; ABD may be given consideration with expectation that a dissertation will be completed within one academic year.
- Additional opportunities to pursue personal teaching interests in the undergraduate and graduate program may be available as directed by departmental needs.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate commitment to and ongoing evidence of quality teaching, scholarly activity, and professional service as well as excellent communication skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with evidence of coursework and/or teaching experience that supports the instructional emphases from the various programs which include: applied sport, physical education instruction, coaching, athletic training, exercise science, sport and exercise psychology, and sport management.
Candidates need to submit
- a detailed letter of application to include areas of instructional capability
- professional vita with complete contact information of five references
- philosophy of teaching statement and
- unofficial transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (successful candidate will be required to submit official transcripts upon being hired).
Electronic (PDF) copies of all required application materials are preferred.
Send materials to:
Dr. Trish Brown
c/o Sports and Exercise Sciences Faculty Search Committee
Department of Sports and Exercise Sciences
WTAMU Box 60216
Canyon, TX 79016
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. To find more information about West Texas A&M University go to www.wtamu.edu. Information about the Department of Sports and Exercise Science can be found at http://www.wtamu.edu/academics/sports-exercise-sciences.aspx.
A criminal history report will be obtained on position finalists.
Texas law requires that males age 18 through 25 be properly registered with the Selective Service System in order to be eligible for employment.
West Texas A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.