The Department of Kinesiology and Sport Management at Texas Tech University is pleased to announce the availability of three tenure-track positions at the Assistant Professor level in sport management preferably with teaching and research expertise in either sport marketing, sport law, or sport events and facilities management.
- An earned doctorate in Sport Management or a related area
- Demonstrated expertise and a research focus in at least one area of sport management
- Demonstrated ability to publish in high-quality, peer-reviewed journals
- Demonstrated expertise and a research focus in either sport marketing, sport law, or sport events and facilities management
- Experience teaching undergraduate courses in either sport marketing, sport law, or sport events and facilities management
- Interest in seeking external funding
- Demonstrated potential for and commitment to participation in interdisciplinary collaborations
- History of promoting diversity through research, service, and/or work with students from diverse backgrounds
- Conduct research and publish in high-quality, peer-reviewed journals
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses, preferably in either sport marketing, sport law, or sport events and facilities management
- Obtain external funding
- Advise graduate students and mentor undergraduate and graduate students
- Perform professional service to the university, community, and profession
Rank: Searches are open to all qualified candidates
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experiences
Effective Date of Appointment: 9-month, tenure-track appointment will be effective September 1, 2018.
Application Deadline: Evaluation of applications will continue until these positions are filled.
Application Procedures: Applications must be submitted on line at: http://bit.ly/2fWPtqX and include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research statement, teaching statement, and names and contact information of three people who could be asked to write letters of recommendation. Refer to requisition number 11364BR when applying.
The Department: The Department of Kinesiology and Sport Management offers a B.S. in Sport Management and M.S. in Sport Management. The department offers state-of-the-art research equipment and laboratories in its own building, which also includes six classrooms, a student computer lab, and faculty offices. The department enrolls approximately 300 undergraduate students in Sport Management and 40 graduate students. The department also has approximately 1,200 undergraduate and 40 graduate students earning a B.S. in Kinesiology or M.S. in Kinesiology.
The University: Texas Tech University enrolls over 36,000 students and is located in rapidly growing Lubbock, Texas, a center of cultural, commercial, medical, and professional services. The main campus is located adjacent to the Rawls College of Business Administration and the College of Media and Communication. Guided by its 2017-2025 Strategic Plan, Texas Tech University is actively pursuing strategic initiatives that will enhance its stature as a national research university.
For additional information regarding these positions contact:
Angela Lumpkin, Professor and Department Chair
Department of Kinesiology and Sport Management
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409-3011