The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by January 15, 2018.
This position is eligible for the following benefits:
Level 4 – Medical/Rx, Vision, Dental, Ortho; Basic/Supp/Dep Life; Educ. Benefits; Sick Leave; Holidays Paid; Retirement
Posting Number: 2016558F
Job DescriptionThis appointment starts August 22, 2018.
This is a nine-month tenure track position that reports to the Chair of the Department of Social and Public Health. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching a variety of undergraduate and/or graduate courses in health services administration, possibly including, but not limited to, human resources management, health care law/ethics, strategic marketing, and health care leadership and management. The candidate will also advise health services administration students, conduct research studies and secure external funding for health services research. The candidate is also expected to engage in professional, university, and community service.
- Earned doctorate or ABD in health services administration, business administration, public health administration, or other related discipline. If ABD, doctorate degree must be confirmed by the start date.
- Evidence of successful college/university teaching experience
- Ability to engage in research with potential for extramural funding
- Commitment to diversity
- Strong and clear evidence of research and scholarly activity accomplishments in health services administration
- Experience with e-learning
- Evidence of successful college/university advising experience
- Commitment to quality undergraduate and graduate education
- Involvement in professional health administration related associations (AUPHA, ACHE, AOM, APHA, or similar)
Dept of Social and Public Health
Pay Rate:Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package including health benefits and education benefits for employees and eligible dependents.
Posting Close Date01/15/2018
Job Category: Faculty – Tenure Track (Group I)
Planning Unit: College of Health Sciences & Professions
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position.
Lindsay Radomski, (740) 593-4675, firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity StatementOhio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational
and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a
member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium.
Clery Act Crime StatisticsTo view the Clery Act Compliance Report Click here