The Department of Dental Hygiene at Farmingdale State College is committed to providing excellence in education and is seeking applicants for three full time tenure track Assistant Professor positions, beginning in the fall of 2018. Faculty at Farmingdale State College have three work load components; teaching, scholarship and service. Candidates will be required to assume a full teaching assignment in didactic and clinical dental hygiene in both the Associate and Bachelor Degree programs. Courses will be assigned based on the needs of the department and the qualifications of the applicant. Additional duties will include curriculum development, scholarly activities, student advisement, and department and college wide service. Proficiency in written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills are imperative. A master’s degree in dental hygiene or related discipline and a current license to practice dental hygiene in New York State is required. Applicants should have clinical teaching and private practice dental hygiene experience. A research based Doctoral degree is required to be considered for continuing appointment.
All faculty members at Farmingdale State College have three workload components: teaching, research and scholarly activity, and service. The successful candidate will demonstrate an interest and high level of competence in teaching. Candidates should have a research agenda that complements their area of academic specialty resulting in peer-reviewed publications and presentation, both of which are necessary for promotion and tenure at Farmingdale State College. The service component of the workload includes student advisement as well as active participation on departmental, school and college-wide committees. The faculty member may be expected to teach in multiple formats including hybrid, online and traditional face-to-face classes.
- A current license to practice dental hygiene in New York State, and current certification in local infiltration anesthesia/nitrous oxide analgesia
- Master’s degree in dental hygiene or related discipline
- Current certification in Basic Life Support
- Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Clinical and didactic teaching experience at the college level and a minimum of five years of clinical private practice experience
- Knowledge of educational methodologies and research techniques
- Current membership in dental hygiene related professional associations (ADHA)
- Candidates must complete a research based doctoral degree prior to applying for tenure (five years from the date of hire)
- Experience in an online learning environment/and experience with use of technology for instruction.
- Background in Community Service, Public Health and epidemiology, knowledge of current dental hygiene legislative initiatives, experience in dental materials, and/or advanced instrumentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use innovative teaching and assessment strategies to promote and evaluate student learning; experience working on committees and within teams; strong interpersonal skills; leadership experience and bilingual a plus.
- This is a full-time, 10 month faculty position.
For the first 10 working days, beginning Tuesday, September 26, 2107 and ending Monday, October 9, 2017, applications will be limited to UUP Farmingdale.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: November 10, 2017
POSITION AVAILABLE: September 1, 2018
Salary: $67,000, may commensurate with experience
The State University of New York offers excellent fringe benefits including health insurance options and retirement plans
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
The Consumer Information web page can be viewed at the following link – http://www.farmingdale.edu/consumer-information
This page describes various services, information and statistics on many different aspects of the College’s operations.Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
To apply, submit a letter of application (that includes a statement of teaching philosophy and methodology), c.v., and names and contact information for three references. Candidates selected for interviews may be asked to provide copies of teaching evaluations and graduate transcripts (showing highest degree awarded/or currently in process). Only applications made through Farmingdale’s electronic application system will be accepted. Candidates invited for interviews will be asked to make a presentation on their research as well as a separate teaching demonstration.