Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses in the Department of Health and Physical Education. The Department offers an undergraduate major in physical education with emphases in teaching k12, health and wellness, and sports/recreation management. At the graduate level, a Master of Science in Physical Education is offered with emphases areas in coaching and/or sport administration. This is a full-time, tenure-track position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in health, exercise science, theory, research, and other areas.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Teach in an online as well as a face-to-face environment.
- Engage in scholarly and service activities.
- Attend departmental and university meetings and external meetings as required.
- Attend and assist at recruitment activities whether sponsored by program, department, college or university.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Earned doctorate in Kinesiology, Health Education, Physical Education with an emphasis in health, or a closely related field; earned doctorate in education (e.g. educational leadership) presenting credentials in HPE at Master’s Level will also be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, advise, and mentor students from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Appropriate record of scholarly activity or demonstrable ability to build such a record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and enthusiasm for a broad cross-disciplinary approach to physical education and health education.
- Demonstrate commitment to teaching and advising
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral formats
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with faculty and administration to achieve departmental goals.
Working Conditions:Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
- Work is sedentary in nature that at times requires exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Additional Information:Application Review Date: Open Unitl Filled
Condition of Employment:
Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Electronic Application Instructions:
Electronic applications should be submitted through the “Apply” link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Please ensure that you attach all required documents even if you have applied for other positions at ENMU as the committee does not have access to those records.
Letter of interest
Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University’s non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer Jessica Small at (575) 562-2218,. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail ENMU.HRrecruiter@enmu.edu