|Dental Medicine Operative Faculty |
|East Carolina University|
|Job Description: The Operative Faculty in the School of Dental Medicine is responsible for teaching all forms of restorative dentistry to pre-doctoral students in the Division of Operative Dentistry of the dental school. |
This unit is within the Department of General Dentistry. The Operative Dentistry Faculty reports directly to the Division Director of Operative Dentistry.
The Operative division works in close cooperation with the Offices of Academic Support, Clinical Affairs, and Dental Education and Informatics to support the School's programs and initiatives.
In addition, the division works closely with other Schools and Colleges of East Carolina University and other components of the University of North Carolina, as well as local/regional educational and clinical programs.
Specific duties include:
* Helping ensure the dental students are competent in the management of patients requiring operative dentistry and other disciplines of dentistry.
* Coordinating and helping deliver curricular content related to operative dentistry in the simulation lab, didactic settings, and clinic.
* Willingness and ability to cover pre-doctoral students in the clinical setting in procedures outside of the field of operative dentistry as pertaining to the General Dentistry Model of the School of Dental Medicine.
* Conducting basic and/or clinical research, and other scholarly activities that will help qualify for appropriate promotion.
* Actively participating in the school's faculty practice plan.
* Seeking to serve on committees and boards for state/federal government agencies, professional societies, and within the school.
* Assisting the Chair of General Dentistry and the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs in quality assurance and improvement, and compliance efforts.
* Responding to assignments from the Chair of General Dentistry and the Dean of the School of Dental Medicine essential to division's and school's operations.
* Attending meetings and representing the School in internal and external venues as requested by the Chair of General Dentistry or the Dean.
* Representing the School to external constituencies as appropriate.
* Performing other duties and assuming additional responsibilities as assigned by the Chair of General Dentistry or the Dean.
* Fixed term or tenure track position available at the Assistant Professor of Associate Professor level.
* DMD, DDS or equivalent dental degree.
* Commitment to building teams in planning and to identify and resolve problems.
* Commitment to conducting basic and/or clinical research, and other scholarly activities that will help qualify for appropriate promotion.
* Advanced Education in General Dentistry training or General Practice Residency training.
* Commitment to evidence-based teaching and practice.
* Experience in preparing and teaching preclinical and clinical aspects of operative dentistry.
* Willingness to apply academic experiences of contemporary dental education and traditional educational values to the Service Learning model.
Special Instructions to Applicants: East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the required applicant documents:
* Curriculum Vitae
* Letter of Interest
* List of Three References (noting contact information)
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
East Carolina University