|Assistant Professor of Nursing|
|Erie Community College|
|Orchard Park, NY|
|Distinguishing Features of The Class: |
Erie Community College is seeking an Assistant Professor for classroom and clinical instruction (day and/or evenings). The position involves instructing students, preparing and grading tests; assisting in preparation of course outlines, descriptions and lesson plans; maintaining class record and attendance book; assisting students as faculty advisor; providing tutorial help as required by students. Other duties include familiarity with alternative course delivery systems; distance learning and internship programs.
Typical Work Activities:
* Instructs students in specialized and general areas of a broad field of specialization;
* Assists in preparation of course outlines, descriptions and lesson plans as required by Department Head;
* Prepares and grades tests, worksheets and projects to evaluate students;
* Maintains a class record and attendance book;
* Assists students as faculty advisor in problems related to departmental offerings;
* Provides tutorial help as required by students;
* Performs various administrative and clerical duties, inventories, requisitions for materials and maintains equipment;
* Confers with industrial and business representatives and surveys material to keep course content current with industrial, community and business needs;
* Assists in interviewing prospective students;
* May perform specialized librarian duties in the various functions of the College Learning Resource Centers' operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of subject matter; good knowledge of teaching techniques and theory; ability to plan and present instructional material in a clear, logical and concise manner; ability to maintain proper teacher-student relationship; sound professional judgment; initiative and resourcefulness; industry and dependability; physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Master's Degree in Nursing and a current NYS registered nurse's license is required with recent clinical experience in specialized area. Post secondary teaching experience preferred.
NOTE: Verifiable part-time and/or volunteer experience will be pro-rated toward meeting full-time experience requirements.
Full-Time - North Campus
FFECC - Job Group XI - Salary $43,320 plus benefit package
Please include cover letter, current resume, NYS nursing license copy and unofficial transcripts with application.
Official transcripts required no later than 30 days from date of employment.
Director of Human Resources
Erie Community College South Campus